Hours of Operation
Banks are open weekdays 9–3, and offices are usually open weekdays 8–noon and 1–5. Museums are generally open weekdays 9–5, with slightly shorter hours on weekends (e.g., 10–4 or simply an afternoon or morning off); some close on Monday. Most shops conduct business Monday–Saturday 9–6, though some may close for an hour at lunchtime. Many gas stations are open 24 hours.
Cuba marks 10 public holidays, including two Christian observances in this officially atheist country.
- January 1–2 (Liberation and Victory days)
- March or April (Good Friday)
- May 1 (International Workers Day)
- July 25–27 (Revolution Day)
- October 10 (Independence Day)
- December 25 (Christmas)
- December 31 (New Year's Eve)