Focus on Ireland - Preview 2022
Focus On Ireland – Classic Group, 2022
A private tour of Trinity College with fast-track entry to the Book of Kells, a Jaunting Car ride in Killarney, luscious green countryside, dramatic coastal scenery and the ‘lilt’ of Irish voices all make for an exceptional journey.
- Dublin: Join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner, an opportunity to get to know each other over a meal with wine.
- Killarney: Meet passionate restaurant owners John and Freda at their beautiful farmhouse in Killarney, where you’ll hear more about their Farm-to-Table concept, while enjoying a delicious meal made from fresh ingredients sourced within a five mile radius.
- Cork: Celebrate Irish style! Join in the ‘craic’ over dinner with fabulous local flavours and wine.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Killarney: Choose between a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys or alternatively, join a gentle hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore and past the grounds of Ross Castle, admiring the incredible scenery of the National Park.
- Dublin: Tour Trinity College with a university insider, before marvelling at the ancient Book of Kells, created by monks and dating from A.D. 800.
Make Travel Matter
- Killarney: Meet passionate restaurant owners John and Freda at their beautiful farmhouse in Killarney, where you’ll hear more about their Farm-to-Fork concept, while enjoying a delicious meal made from fresh ingredients sourced within a five mile radius.This Make Travel Matter experiences advances SDG 12: Responsible Consumption & Production. John and Freda have a policy that all food is sourced locally from farms and the coach of the Emerald Isle. On the farm they also grow and harvest all their own fruit and veg. They educate their visitors about sustainable consumption and the benefits of eating fresh homegrown produce.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Irish scenery is some of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel through Burren, Derrynasaggart Mountain and along the Ring of Kerry.
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see Custom House and travel along the River Liffey. See the Guinness Brewery, Christchurch Cathedral and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- Galway: Enjoy an orientation tour of the many landmarks in Galway such as the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you journey the magical Ring of Kerry.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts!
- Cobh: The Queenstown Story at Cobh retraces the steps of Irish emigration from the famine of 1845 to the great ocean line era of the 1950s. This is a must for those with Irish ancestors who crossed the Atlantic during this time.
- Cork: Your Travel Director will show you the Grand Parade and South Mall, along with City Hall and the Opera House.
- Kilkenny: Your Travel Director will provide you with an orientation of the medieval city of Kilkenny with its majestic castle and River walk.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
In Dublin’s Fair City
To Galway, City of the Tribes
The Cliffs of Moher, Adare and Killarney
Ring of Kerry Experience
Cobh and Blarney Castle on the way to Cork
Kilkenny and Dublin