Glories of Greece & Three Continents Cruise Standard (Winter 2019 2020)
Glories Of Greece & Three Continents Cruise Standard (Winter 2019 2020)
Discover the treasures of some of the world’s most ancient civilisations in the Mediterranean as you explore history through archaeology, religion and culture on a 7-day, multi-continent cruise.
- Olympia: Join a local chef and savour the regional specialties in a fun, exciting introduction to Greek cooking.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your journey in true Greek tradition at a lively Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Cruising: While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served on board daily. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L), 10 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package featuring a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, and hot beverages.
- Mycenae: Meet the artisans of a family-run pottery studio and learn about their unique traditional methods.
- Ephesus: Travel from Kusadasi to reach this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Led by your Local Expert, enjoy your time exploring the famed excavated site of this Greco-Roman treasure.
Stay in Style
- Athens: A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Athens Divani Caravel Hotel offers comfort and style with fantastic access to the key highlights of Athens. Admire breathtaking views of the ancient Acropolis from the rooftop terrace or relax in the refuge of the hotel’s spa with one of their many treatments.
- Kalambaka: Located in Laspes Kastrakiou, Grand Meteora Hotel offers accommodation with views over the Meteora Rocks and is a short distance to Kastraki Village and Kalabaka Town.
- Kalambaka: This hotel is the most modern hotel in Meteora, but still retains its traditional roots. It offers unique comforts and splendid spaces of relaxation that characterize them the detail and the originality in the decorative assiduity.
- Olympia: This is a unique place that combines the energy, the space, the serenity of Ancient Olympia, set in a green landscape filled with olive trees. From every corner of the white marbled spacious lobby, guests enjoy the endless green scenery along with the open air terrace of the lounge café.
- Olympia: Built in the hill above Ancient Olympia, this hotel exhales good taste.
Top Rated Highlights
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you’ll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion.
- Athens: See the Arch of Hadrian, erected in honour of the Roman Emperor and used as a divider between the ancient city and the new Roman district, along with the remaining columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Cairo: Admire the remaining Wonders of the Ancient World as you explore through the Pyramids of Giza and the mighty Sphinx. Hear about Egyptian history as you walk through the National Archaeological Museum and learn the art of making papyrus paper out of reeds when you visit a Papyrus Institute.
- Thermopylae: See the Leonidas Monument dedicated to the brave warrior and his 300 Spartans.
- Kalambaka: Your Travel Director will provide an orientation of this town situated at the base of the extraordinary Meteora rocks.
- Meteora: With a Local Expert, visit one of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Delphi: With your Local Expert, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Olympia: The stadium of Olympia hosted the ancient Olympic Games and the Heraia, the women’s games in honour of Hera. See the Temple of Zeus, athlete’s gymnasium and the stone marker where the sprint began.
- Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal beehive-tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, while hearing tales of Agamemnon from your Local Expert.
- Corinth Channel: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece.
- Nafplio: Join your Travel Director in an orientation of this beautiful seaport town and see why it is named one of Greece’s prettiest spots.
- Rhodes: See the classical Acropolis of Lindos and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights in Rhodes.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas. In Athens, your knowledgeable local Insight host will ensure your time in this city is seamless.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion.
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary c…
Welcome to Athens.
Athens, City of Gods.
The pinnacles of Meteora.
The Sacred Way and onto Olympia.
Mycenae and Nafplio.
Getting ready to sail.
Sailing to Egypt.
Alexandria and Port Said.
On to Ashdod.
Adventures on Cyprus.
Myth and Legend of Rhodes.
On to Kusadasi.
Disembark in Athens.